Mock API is used to simulate actual API where a request is generated and a response is received which is a replica of the response with real-time API. Mock APIs are used to test your APIs before these are launched into production.
Mock APIs work using mock servers where you can create a custom environment to get responses in the required pattern. There are multiple tools available to create a Mock API & Mock Servers. Mock Servers can also be deployed on your local machine.
Below are a few top API mock libraries that are widely used:
- JSON Server
- Gravitee APIM
Features such as:
- Lightweight tool that allows you to create APIs with dynamic and custom responses
- Servers for Mocking API requests with a React front-end and Node.js
- Requirements with ample mock test data
- Delay response times
- Manipulation of status code
Steps To Create Mock API (Considering Rapid API)
- Step 1: Navigate to My APIs & add a new API by entering the name, description, and category.
- Step 2: Create a new Rest Endpoint under the "Endpoints" tab.
- Step 3: Provide Information like - name, description, and endpoint.
- Step 4: Add mock response with status code, body & schema.
- Step 5: Test your API.
Note: Similar steps can be performed for other tools like - Mockoon.
Post a Comment