There are various tools available to record and play JMeter scripts. Firefox browser proxy settings can also be used to records the JMeter script.
Below are the steps to record script in JMeter using Firefox proxy:-
- Open JMeter, right-click on "Test Plan" and add "Thread Group".
- Again right-click on "Test Plan" and then add "HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder" from the "Non-Test Elements" option.
- Now, right-click on "Thread Group" and add "Recording Controller" from the "Login Controller" option.
- Click on "HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder" in the left panel and provide any available port number (say "8080").
- Click on the "Target Controller" drop-down in the same window and select the "Recording Controller" drop-down.
- Open Firefox browser, go to "Settings" and then click on "Network Settings" from the General tab.
- In network settings select "Manual proxy configuration", enter "localhost" for HTTP Proxy, and "8080" for Port.
- Navigate back to the "HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder" window in JMeter and click on the "Start" button.
- The certificate will be saved in the JMeter Bin folder. Import that certificate in Firefox settings and then start recording.
- Visit the web URL in Firefox and everything will be recorded in "Recording Controller".
- Now, save the script, and press the "Ctrl+R" keyboard shortcut to play the recording.
Do you need professional assistance in optimizing your test automation processes?
Contact QASource today and experience the difference.