The spiral model is specially designed for risk analysis. This model consists of the Waterfall and the Prototype model. The Spiral model also follows the incremental releases of the product. Each phase of the Spiral model starts with designing and ends with the progress review from the client.
Advantages of the Spiral Model:
- Suitable for large-scale products.
- New functionality or changes can be accommodated at later stages.
- Efficient cost estimation.
- Development is fast.
- Proper risk management.
- Involves customer feedback.
- Development is divided into smaller parts and risks are managed separately.
- Efficiently capture requirements.
- Strong documentation control.