Below mentioned measures can be considered for security in IoT :
- It is preferable to use a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for authentication purposes.
- Trusted Network Connect (TNC) standards need to be followed to check for malicious software/firmware. These standards keep an eye on devices for malicious activity.
- Security software and protocols should be applied to isolate infected devices. The infected device should be keptseparately.
- Multiple layers of security can avoid damage to some extent. Access to the functions or files should be restricted to authorized users.
- Encrypted data should be on top priority for safety.
- Legacy systems should be secured using industrial control systems. For better results, IoT devices have to be integrated with legacy machines or appliances that are highly secured against hacking.