JIRA is used for defect tracking and project management, and is widely used by product companies. JIRA software is highly flexible and configurable software which is why JIRA is popular in the market.
Main JIRA Products
- Basically used by software developers, scrum masters, product owners, QA companies, DevOps teams, and technical managers
- Used in Agile, Kanban boards, software development, and reporting
- Offers all functions of JIRA Core
JIRA Service Management:
- Basically used by helpdesk agents, customers, and employees
- Incident reporting
- Change management
- SLA tracking
- Used by teams like marketing, legal, HR, finance, and operations
- Used as tracking & reporting tool
- Used for task management, test case management, dashboard reporting that includes charts, etc.
JIRA is used for the following purposes:
- Project Management
- Agile methodology
- Task Management
- Bug Tracking
- Test Case Management
- Software Development
JIRA Agile is basically a component of JIRA only which ensures smooth flow of agile methodology.
JIRA provides Scrum and Kanban Boards that are highly customizable. Companies can use and customize according to their requirements. All these boards provide transparency across teamwork and visibility to every team member. Sprint velocity charts, reports, burn-down/up charts, etc.