E2E or End to End testing validates a piece of software of application for dependencies, data integrity, and interaction with other systems, interfaces, and databases. E2E testing creates a complete production-like scenario and validates the application from starting to the end, along with its integration with external interfaces.
When To Start E2E Testing:
- The test environment should be available
- Accurate test data should be available and with the QA team
- Test cases should cover end-user scenarios
- The testing tool should be installed and ready to use
When To End E2E Testing:
- All test plans should be complete
- No critical or high-severity defects should be open
- High-risk areas should be completely tested
- The required test coverage should be met
E2E testing plays a critical role in scale your testing efforts. As your application or software system evolves over time, you would want your product to work across a vast array of devices and environments. E2E testing validates and ensures that your product APIs, DB interactions, and network communications perform as desired.