Appium is most widely used and still the number one choice when automating mobile application test cases. A few of the main reasons Appium continues to be at the top of the list are:
- One of the biggest advantage of using Appium is that it is open source and no additional budget is required for the purchase.
- Appium uses standard APIs so you can create test for iOS and Android with the same API.
- Appium has a vert vast support community and its own support and Git page.
- Appium supports the same set of languages supported by Selenium WebDriver. You can extend your web framework technology stack to your mobile framework.
- Appium supports automation of Web, Native, and Hybrid mobile apps and also gives option to test on emulator, simulator, and real devices.
- Appium is compatible with any testing framework.
- Can be integrated with cloud based device services like SauceLabs, BrowserStack, and Amazon Device Farm.