Every software testing services company have a process in place where they document test cases before testing new features. There are basically 3 types of testing which should be performed for new features:
- Smoke testing
- Sanity testing
- Regression testing
When QA is short of time to execute all the test cases, they do a high level validation by executing Smoke and Sanity test cases.
Following are some examples of Sanity test cases for a Sign Up features:
- Sign Up feature should be available on Login page.
- User should be directed to a Sign Up form by clicking the Sign Up link
- Users should be able to submit the Sign Up form's required details.
- Users should receive a successful Sign Up email.
- User should be able to activate his account by clicking on the link available in Sign Up emails.
- Users should be able to login after activation of account.
Following would be regression test cases for Sign Up features:
- Users should be able to Sign Up on all the compatible browsers.
- Appropriate error messages should be displayed if the user uses any cross-site scripting on Sign Up form.
- Appropriate error messages should be displayed in case user is already signed up with same email or mobile number.
- Appropriate error messages should be displayed if user does not fill any mandatory field in Sign Up form.
- Users should not be able to login if their account is not activated.
- Appropriate error messages should be displayed if a user enters wrong data or characters more than the permissible limit in Sign Up form fields.
Post a Comment