Here we will explain how AngularJS helps making responsive webpages and at same time, what challenges QA engineer face while automating the same and how we can overcome these challenges.
Automation of Angular Apps
In this post, we will discuss AngularJS architecture, challenges a QA engineer can face while automating the same, and how to overcome these challenges.
Important Features of AngularJS
Package Download Statistics
There are many modern scripting frameworks in the market. The following are the framework trends according to GitHub:
Comparing UI Framework Trends
Automation Challenges with AngularJS Applications
Technologies for AngularJS App Automation
- ngWebDriver is a tool with the ability to automate web applications built using AngularJS
- It is a library built in Java and works with Angular versions greater than 1.x
- It provides required classes for AngularJS tags and can be integrated into any existing Java framework
Why is ngWebDriver Recommended?
While tools like Protractor can also automate the AngularJS application, you need to switch to separate technology altogether. Hence, if you already have built a Java based automation framework, then using ngWebDriver will just extend your existing framework without switching to a new technology.
Benefits of ngWebDriver in Automation of AngularJS based Application:
- Easy integration with existing Java-based Selenium framework
- Has inbuilt support for Angular tags like ng-app, ng-model, ng-bind, etc.
- Handles synchronization issues of Angular web elements
- Supports Chrome, Safari, IE, Opera, and Firefox browsers
- Allows result presentation in HTML and customized formats
We would love to hear your feedback, questions, comments and suggestions. This will help us to make us better and more useful next time.
Share your thoughts and ideas at email@example.com