In this newsletter, we would like to bring the concepts that help you to understand, how one can automate React and Angular JS based web applications.
Comparing the UI Frameworks Trends
Good amount of customization and efforts are required by the traditional tools, for automating apps based on modern JS.
Front-End UI Framework
Mocha, Nightwatch, Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme, Protractor
Protractor, Karma, Mocha, Jasmine
Why Mocha is preferred?
Mocha includes Test runner and API for setting up suites. It is fast as it runs on Node.js, easier to setup, convenient, supports both TDD and BDD, and supports all kinds of unit and functional tests.
Features of Mocha in React.js Application Automation
- Makes asynchronous code testing easy using promises and callbacks
- Supports assertion libraries – should.js, expect.js, chai, and better-assert
- Supports Chrome, Safari, IE, Opera, and Firefox browsers
- Allows results presentation in HTML and customized formats
- Allows before, after, before each, and after each hooks
- Traditional automation tools do not meet the requirements of the new JS front-end web Automation
- There are a variety of automation tools for Angular.js and React.js
- Mocha has evolved as a mature, simple, flexible, and empowered testing framework. It smoothly handles the callbacks using promises to make asynchronous code run with ease
We would love to hear your feedback, questions, comments and suggestions. This will help us to make us better and more useful next time.
Share your thoughts and ideas at email@example.com