Working with the latest test automation technology requires the latest knowledge. The goal of our advanced technology group is thorough research and evaluation of these technologies as they are released. To help you succeed in every aspect of test automation, we’re passing our findings on to you. To quote our team, “The world is changing rapidly. Big will not beat small anymore—it will be the fast beating the slow.” As you’ll discover, speed is just one of the six benefits of test automation.
Latest Support Updates:
- Sauce Labs now supports Android KitKat (4.4) in its cloud testing platform.
- Sauce Labs has also added support for Cloud9 environments.
- The latest version of Ranorex (5.1) provides support for mobile inbuilt features such as SMS text messages, and battery level.
- Silk Test 15.5 now supports Apple Safari in iOS. This includes recognition of images and screen swiping gestures.
- Testdroid4 has added Appium 1.0 support to all associated Testdroid products.
Tool & Technology Overview:
JBehave is a Java framework intended for behavior-driven development which is similar to Cucumber in its operation and syntax. It provides support for various other testing frameworks such as Junit, TestNG, and Spring Test.
Behat is an open source behavior-driven development framework that works with PHP 5.3/5.4 and uses Mink extension to interact with different web automation drivers. Mink supports both headless web browser drivers as well as standard web browser drivers.
SeeTestManual is designed for use with iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone. With it, you can execute manual tests on a single device and auto-execute them on other devices (limited to eight) with the same OS. It also generates a report and accompanying screenshot for each executed step.
The right test automation tool can significantly improve productivity, boost team motivation, and help you deliver the best product possible. Now that you’re acquainted with a few of the latest options, learn more about selecting the best test automation tool.
Which tools do you use for test automation? Leave a comment below and share your approach. For more on a variety of QA services, visit QASource.